Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And The World Started Moving Again


And the World stood still then…

As She looked back that one last time…

As I saw those two gems glint at me…

A drop of regret held on to the ends…

The lines of concern on her forehead…

Crossed by a stray tress of hair…

Moving down to meet with rose petals…

That tress of hair reminded me…

There was a connection I made with her soul…

When that flower touched my lips…

But right then… with the gaze of our eyes…

Our souls met…. That one last time...

Those lines had written our fate…

That were setting us apart tonight…

And then she spoke…

And I wish I could have heard her longer…

Instead… all she uttered were words of hope…

Life has to move on she said…

And as regret rolled down her cheek…

She mustered a smile…

Beautiful, innocent, pure …

The way I hoped she’d always be…

If eternal solitude was what it took…

To keep her as she was…

I’d take it with open arms…

She broke the gaze….

And I felt her soul leave me…

Leaving an imprint lasting forever…

For I could never forget that look…

It was then …

I took the path destined for me…

I drank the elixir of love with separation …

And the world started moving again …

- Varun Anand

5:20 A.M., 26th April, 2006

(C) DATACORP

3 comments:

Chandni said...

hey! saw ur blog thru orkut..awsm poetry! lovd the line" regret roold down her cheek"
isnt gud poetry sucha treat!?!?
wow!!
tk cr

Marvin said...

nice work thr.very smooth flowing.....rolls off
u a regular writer?
or just started???

The Furobiker said...

aaila... bhai ye sab kkkkya hai??? tujhe kahi pyar ke keede ne to nhi kat liya :O